Crossfit, Paleo, Positive Psychology, Lifehacking. My daily goal is to make my next problem a high quality problem. Self improvement is a game of existential Russian roulette. I've never felt more alive. "Be a big social experiment in getting what you don't want. Find value in what we've been taught is worthless." - Chuck Palahinuk
So the best improv advice I could give?
Be earnest. Be generous, honest and specific with your compliments.
Go to your friends’ shows.
Say hi after shows, go to bars, leave a complimentary Facebook wall post, exchange phone numbers, follow each others’ Twitter and retweet and #FF, like each others’ team pages, watch each others’ sketches. Connect with each other.
Foster a community.
And if someone asks you for a favor, if at all possible, do it.
Your personal life and your improv life are inextricably intertwined. Be a better person; be a better improviser. It’s all the same thing.
- kbmurphy likes this
- uptightcitizen reblogged this from downrightupright
- maxsitt likes this
- stephcheng reblogged this from downrightupright
- stephcheng likes this
- suburbansun likes this
- rayyleww reblogged this from downrightupright
- mrmr2 likes this
- notyoufakebrooklyn likes this
- fosteredcurls likes this
- zvirby reblogged this from downrightupright and added:
- improvobsession reblogged this from downrightupright and added:
- runsonrun likes this
- samsonspassion reblogged this from bigfatshoe
- samsonspassion likes this
- amypop likes this
- bigfatshoe reblogged this from upstairsgallery
- dlboylan likes this
- amsplendor reblogged this from upstairsgallery
- upstairsgallery reblogged this from downrightupright
- davidkantrowebz likes this
- erikaheidewald likes this
- legospaceship likes this
- tuesdayswithigor reblogged this from downrightupright and added:
- tuesdayswithigor likes this
- charstar likes this
- aleeksandra118 likes this
- downrightupright posted this